Curriculum : ZERO P6-F11 and ZERO P6-W11
Description : P6 Professionals for Non-Users and Beginners (5 hours)
Tool : Primavera P6 Professional Version 16/18
This Course was designed for New P6 Users with little or no experience. User can be anyone who is interested learning Primavera P6 planning and scheduling tool. You can be a Project Manager, Planner, Scheduler, Coordinator, Controller, Analyst, Student, Professor, or anyone who wants to expand know-how.
You are all welcome to PM Solution Pro ZERO P6!
Section 1 Overview (~10 minutes)
- Understanding, clarifying, and setting student expectations
- Student identifies the path of learning with the Instructor’s guidance
- Prioritizing lessons (Student-led learning approach)
Section 2 Preparation of New User (~20 minutes)
- Download and install your own stand-alone copy of Primavera P6 Professional prior to the start of this course. Download instruction will be provided only to those who have registered for the ZERO P6 course. You will learn how to download & install Primavera P6.
- The download and installation of your own stand-alone copy of Primavera P6 Professional is provided to the student upon payment receipt and prior to the start of this course.
- If the student did not install P6 Professional before the start of course, the instructor will assist and support installation/activation of P6 right there.
- Warning! Please ensure that the computer you’ll use for training is free of adware, spyware, and viruses. These will prevent your installation and access to the Primavera P6 environment. Instructors cannot guarantee they will be able to successfully connect you to the tools training environment if the cause of issues is due to computer limitations and/or malware. Once you’ve registered for training course, you will be contacted by an instructor within the business week to coordinate your schedule and mutual availability.
- Understanding P6 operating menus and nomenclature
- Familiarity with the P6 file format and other interface tools
- Quick review: what is a project
Section 3 Enterprise Project Structure (~20 minutes)
- What is an Enterprise project structure (EPS)?
- Create and develop your EPS
- Adding EPS
- Modifying and renaming EPS
- Moving EPS
- Deleting EPS
Section 4 Work Breakdown Structure (~20 minutes)
- What is a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)?
- Create and develop your project WBS
- Adding WBS
- Modifying and renaming WBS
- Moving WBS
- Deleting WBS
Section 5 Project Creation (~20 minutes)
- What is a project?
- Create and develop your project
- Creating a project
- Adding a project
- Modifying and renaming projects
- Copying a project-the quickest way!
- Method 1 (EPS window)
- Method 2 (Project window)
- Moving projects
- Deleting projects
Section 6 Activity Creation (~20 minutes)
- What is an activity?
- Create and develop your project activity
- Creating activities
- Adding activities
- Modifying and renaming Activities
- Moving activities
- Deleting activities
Section 7 Activity Constraints (~20 minutes)
- Understanding constraints
- Types of constraints : Primary and Secondary
- Types of activity constraints
- Start constraints: Start on constraint, Start on or after constraint, Start on or before constraint
- Finish constraints: Finish on constraint, Finish on or after constraint, Finish on or before constraint
- Mandatory constraints: Mandatory start constraint, Mandatory finish constraint
- Late constraint: As late as possible constraint
Section 8 Activity Relationships-Determining Logic (~20 minutes)
- What is activity relationship?
- Four types of activity relationship and real-life application
- Finish to Start (FS)
- Start to Start (SS)
- Finish to Finish (FF)
- Start to Finish (SF)
Section 9 Managing Activity Relationships (~20 minutes)
- Creating relationships
- Adding relationships
- Modifying and renaming Relationships
- Moving relationships
- Deleting relationships
Section 10 Calendars (~20 minutes)
- Creating Calendars
- Defining Calendars
- Techniques in naming calendars
- Difference between Project Calendars and Global Calendars
- Assigning Calendar Default (Why?)
Section 11 Project Schedule Baselines (~20 minutes)
- Understanding schedule baselines
- Why are baselines important?
- Type of schedule baselines
- Adding baselines
- Effective way of naming baselines
- On deleting baselines-the repercussions!
Section 12 Introduction to Resources (~20 minutes)
- Creating Resources
- Adding Resources
- Modifying and renaming Resources
- Moving Resources
- Deleting Resources
Section 13 Using Activity Layouts (~20 minutes)
- Introduction to PLF (Primavera Layout Files)
- How to export and import PLF
- Creating a simple activity layout
- Using activity layouts for reporting progress
- Converting Activity Layout to Excel Spreadsheet
Section 13 XER Files-P6 Native File Format (~20 minutes)
- Creating and exporting XER Files
- Importing an XER File
Section 14 Practicum for the remainder of the session (~30 minutes)
Instructor will provide details of the exercise or the better way, the student can suggest what exercise he wants to do.
Section 15 Mentorship for 30 days
- PM Solution Pro P6 Instructor will provide remote mentoring support to students for the next 30 days after training.
- Student will have lifetime membership and subscription to PM Solution Pro Website and PM Solution Pro Continuing Education where they can avail access to helpful blogs, various paid and free management courses as they are farmed out.
- A Certificate of Completion will be issued to the student after completion of the course.